Your nightstand is the possibly the first thing you see when you wake up in the morning and the last thing before you go to sleep at night. And yet, very often, it’s the area of our home that lacks any style. It’s an afterthought at best.
When we take the time to actually style our nightstands with a few things that we love, it makes it nice to walk into the room at night and nice to wake up to. Style isn’t for others to look at and/or admire, it’s for us to feel more at home in our homes. When we are surrounded by objects (many or few) that we love and inspire us, that reflect our personalities, we feel ‘at home.’
When we feel refreshed and inspired at home we are able to recharge and regain the energy we need to go out and do what we’re supposed to do in the world.
Here’s a quick video on how to style a nightstand:
Here are the simple steps to a fabulous nightstand:
- Add lighting (a medium sized lamp of your choice)
- Add art or a mirror (leaning against the wall or hanging on the wall, your choice)
- Add a small stack of books
- Add in flowers or greenery
- Bring in personal touches (favorite collectibles or photos)
- Don’t overcrowd the space, leave plenty of room to charge your phone, etc.
- Use different textures and heights to create interest
- Style in odd numbers (three or five items)
Take a look at your nightstand, does it reflect you and your personal style? I hope these simple steps will motivate you to style your home in a way that refreshes and inspires you.